- 1 What does Interscholastic mean?
- 2 What is the purpose of interscholastic athletics?
- 3 What is the definition of interscholastic athletics?
- 4 What is an interscholastic competition?
- 5 What is the difference between interscholastic and intercollegiate?
- 6 What does Intermural mean?
- 7 How do you define educational athletics?
- 8 What are the obligations of every interscholastic teacher coach?
- 9 Why is it important to establish an athletic department philosophy?
- 10 What are interscholastic activities?
- 11 What is the definition of Intercollegiate?
- 12 What is an intercollegiate sport?
- 13 What is the difference between intramural and interscholastic sports?
- 14 What means secondary school?
What does Interscholastic mean?
: existing or carried on between schools interscholastic athletics. 7
What is the purpose of interscholastic athletics?
The primary purpose of interscholastic athletics is “The Promotion of Learning.” Teacher/coaches have an important role to play in fostering the educational value of athletics. The concept of “Interscholastic” athletics has been part of our educational system since the mid-1800s.
What is the definition of interscholastic athletics?
What is interscholastic athletics? At first glance, one would think that this term simply refers to sport competitions between teams or individuals representing their school communities. Interscholastic athletics are inherently educational, and support the academic mission of schools.
What is an interscholastic competition?
1. interscholastic – used of competition or cooperation between secondary schools. interschool. extramural – carried on outside the bounds of an institution or community; “extramural sports”
What is the difference between interscholastic and intercollegiate?
As adjectives the difference between intercollegiate and interscholastic. is that intercollegiate is of, pertaining to, or taking place between two or more colleges while interscholastic is involving two or more schools.
What does Intermural mean?
of, relating to, or taking place between two or more institutions, cities, etc.: an intermural track meet. occurring or being between walls, as of buildings or cities: a narrow, intermural forecourt.
How do you define educational athletics?
What is Educational Athletics?
- Interscholastic athletic competition is an extension of the classroom and an educational activity that provides outstanding opportunities to teach life lessons.
- Through participation in such programs, young people learn values and skills that help prepare them for the future.
What are the obligations of every interscholastic teacher coach?
1 responsibility as a teacher/coach at the interscholastic level is to create and promote a healthy, nonthreatening and respectful environment that provides each student opportunities to develop skills and learn personal responsibility.
Why is it important to establish an athletic department philosophy?
Athletics provide students with an opportunity to participate in physical activity. This has been shown to promote desirable attitudes towards teamwork and team unity. It is therefore very important to develop a clear philosophy about interscholastic athletics.
What are interscholastic activities?
Interscholastic activity means an activity within the state in which the students that participate represent a school in the activity.
What is the definition of Intercollegiate?
: existing, carried on, or participating in activities between colleges intercollegiate athletics.
What is an intercollegiate sport?
The term “intercollegiate sport” means a sport played at the collegiate level for which eligibility requirements for participation by a student athlete are established by a national association for the promotion or regulation of college athletics.
What is the difference between intramural and interscholastic sports?
Interscholastic sports are where our student- athletes compete against other middle schools. Seasons usually last 8-9 weeks and students practice daily. Intramural sports only compete against other classmates from Berkshire. Practices are usually held 3 times a week before school.
What means secondary school?
A secondary school is a school for pupils between the ages of 11 or 12 and 17 or 18. One in four pupils leaving secondary school can’t read or write properly.