- 1 Which is correct athletic or Athletics?
- 2 Is Athletics countable or uncountable?
- 3 What are athletics examples?
- 4 Do athletics in a sentence?
- 5 What are the rules of athletics?
- 6 What kind of noun is athletics?
- 7 What are the benefits of athletics?
- 8 What are the two types of athletics?
- 9 How many types of athletics are there?
- 10 How do you use green eyes?
- 11 What do you mean by athletic?
- 12 How do you use famous in a sentence?
Which is correct athletic or Athletics?
(usually used with a plural verb) athletic sports, as running, rowing, or boxing. British. track-and-field events.
Is Athletics countable or uncountable?
ath•let•ics /æθˈlɛtɪks/ n. [plural* used with a plural verb] athletic sports, such as running, rowing, or boxing. the practice of athletic exercises or principles:[ uncountable * used with a singular verb]Athletics produces world-class competitors.
What are athletics examples?
Track and field, soccer and swimming are all examples of athletics. Physical activities such as sports and games requiring stamina, fitness and skill. A group of sporting activities which includes track and field, road running, cross country running and racewalking.
Do athletics in a sentence?
an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition 2. My daughter wants to compete in athletics. 2. The athletics win provided a much-needed fillip to/for national pride.
What are the rules of athletics?
A runner must always wear sneakers or athletic shoes during the game. In shorter events such as in 800 meters race, athletes should stay inside the lane. In longer events, they are allowed to move to the innermost lanes with a condition that they should not touch the other participants.
What kind of noun is athletics?
athletics Add to list Share. Use the noun athletics to talk about sports, including team practice, games, and training. A serious baseball player might choose a college based on its athletics program.
What are the benefits of athletics?
Great Benefits of Playing Sport
- Better Sleep. Fast Company suggests that exercise and sport triggers chemicals in the brain that can make you feel happier and relaxed.
- A Strong Heart.
- New Connections.
- Improved Lung Function.
- Increased Confidence.
- Reduces Stress.
- Improve Mental Health.
- Sport Builds Leaders.
What are the two types of athletics?
The most common types of athletics competitions are track and field, road running, cross country running, and race walking. Organised athletics are traced back to the Ancient Olympic Games from 776 BC, and most modern events are conducted by the member clubs of the International Association of Athletics Federations.
How many types of athletics are there?
Events. World Athletics, the sport’s governing body, defines athletics in six disciplines: track and field, road running, race walking, cross country running, mountain running, and trail running.
How do you use green eyes?
Green-eyed sentence example ” We need to act soon,” the green-eyed prince urged again. The green-eyed barbarian accepted both of the treasures, eyes glowing. The green-eyed monster is one of the worst things for destroying a perfectly good relationship. Jule was happy to piss off the little green-eyed troll.
What do you mean by athletic?
physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports: an athletic child. of, like, or befitting an athlete. of or relating to athletes; involving the use of physical skills or capabilities, as strength, agility, or stamina: athletic sports;athletic training.
How do you use famous in a sentence?
Famous sentence example
- It is still a famous school.
- Daniel Webster lived to become a famous orator and a great statesman.
- I will tell you another story of the same brave and famous king.
- He is famous all over the world.
- It’s a famous author named Miss Gladys Turnbull.
- Amritsar is famous for its carpet-weaving industry.