- 1 Where are the 2021 AAU Junior Olympics?
- 2 Are the Junior Olympics every year?
- 3 What is the age limit for the Junior Olympics?
- 4 How do you join the Junior Olympics?
- 5 How many meters is a junior Olympic pool?
- 6 What is the age limit for the Olympics?
- 7 Who is the youngest Olympian?
- 8 What age is junior in athletics?
Where are the 2021 AAU Junior Olympics?
JACKSONVILLE, Florida – Over 5,000 USATF youth athletes will compete for national titles at the premier meet of the summer season, the 2021 USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships, held July 26-August 1 in Jacksonville, Florida at the University of North Florida.
Are the Junior Olympics every year?
The AAU Junior Olympic Games are the pinnacle competitions held annually by the US Amateur Athletic Union.
What is the age limit for the Junior Olympics?
*Athletes who are still eighteen (18) years of age through the final day of the AAU Junior Olympic Games shall be eligible to compete in the 17-18 year olds division.
How do you join the Junior Olympics?
Complete these easy steps to sign up for Junior Olympic Track & Field:
- Register or renew your USATF individual membership.
- Select your Association from the drop-down menu below to find your local meet.
- Complete the online registration for the first level of the Junior Olympic Track & Field Program in your Association.
How many meters is a junior Olympic pool?
The summer Junior Olympics are competed in a long course meters (LCM) pool, which is 50 meters. LCM is the standard Olympic sized pool, so it is the same distance that you see the athletes competing in Rio.
What is the age limit for the Olympics?
According to the official Olympics website, there is no age limit for those wanting to compete. Under rule 42, it states: “There may be no age limit for competitors in the Olympic Games other than as prescribed in the competition rules of an IF as approved by the IOC Executive Board.” 4
Who is the youngest Olympian?
The youngest athlete in the Tokyo Games is Hend Zaza, 12, a table tennis player from Syria. She is the youngest Olympian since 1992, when 11-year-old Carlos Front competed for Spain in rowing and 12-year-old Judit Kiss participated in the swimming for Hungary. 3
What age is junior in athletics?
Age groups for boys and girls shall be as follows: Minor: Under 14 on 1st July in the year of competition. Junior: Under 15 on 1st July in the year of competition. Intermediate: Under 17 on 1st July in the year of competition.