- 1 Is the word athletics an adjective?
- 2 What is an adjective for sports?
- 3 How do you describe athletics?
- 4 What is the adjective for hero?
- 5 What is athletics in simple words?
- 6 What are good describing words?
- 7 How do you describe a sporty person?
- 8 What are some positive adjectives?
- 9 What are the rules of athletics?
- 10 What two words do athletes?
- 11 What are the origin of athletics?
- 12 What is the adjective for truth?
- 13 What is the verb of heroic?
- 14 What is the noun of hero?
Is the word athletics an adjective?
The noun athletics comes from the adjective athletic, based on the model of gymnastics.
What is an adjective for sports?
Here are some adjectives for sport: exhilarating and spectacular, peaceful comic, public, first-rate, delightful amorous, mutant, valiant, fierce, innocent, harmless indoor, peculiar outdoor, good-natured but spirited, incomprehensible local, treacherous, solitary, dull and very cruel, alive great, long idolized,
How do you describe athletics?
Athletics is an exclusive collection of sporting events that involve competitive running, jumping, throwing, and walking. The most common types of athletics competitions are track and field, road running, cross country running, and race walking.
What is the adjective for hero?
gutsy, courageous, bold, brave, heroic, intrepid, dauntless, fearless, lionhearted, plucky, valiant, valorous, daring, determined, doughty, indomitable, mettlesome, spirited, undaunted, adventurous, audacious, gallant, game, have-a-go, resolute, daredevil, gritty, unafraid, unflinching, unshrinking, ballsy, death-or-
What is athletics in simple words?
Athletics is a group of sporting events that involves competitive running, jumping, throwing, and walking. The most common types of athletics competitions are track and field, road running, cross country running, and racewalking.
What are good describing words?
List of Positive Adjectives A-Z
- Adventurous – Willing to take risks.
- Affectionate – Showing fondness.
- Agreeable – Enjoyable and pleasant.
- Ambitious – Possessing a strong desire to succeed.
- Bright – Possessing intelligence and mental dexterity.
- Charming – Pleasant and attractive.
How do you describe a sporty person?
A sporty person enjoys sport and is good at it: Guy wasn’t really the sporty type. Sporty clothes are bright and informal, and look like the type of clothes that you could wear for sports. 5
What are some positive adjectives?
Positive Attitude Adjectives
What are the rules of athletics?
A runner must always wear sneakers or athletic shoes during the game. In shorter events such as in 800 meters race, athletes should stay inside the lane. In longer events, they are allowed to move to the innermost lanes with a condition that they should not touch the other participants.
What two words do athletes?
In fact, the word athlete is an ancient Greek word that means “one who competes for a prize” and was related to two other Greek words, athlos meaning “contest” and athlon meaning “prize.”
What are the origin of athletics?
Which Country Started Athletics? The country that started athletics was Greece, and specifically the Ancient Greeks. Historians estimate that the origins of athletics (track and field events) can be traced back to the 10th and 9th centuries B.C. in Greece.
What is the adjective for truth?
truthful. / (ˈtruːθfʊl) / adjective. telling or expressing the truth; honest or candid.
What is the verb of heroic?
heroize. (transitive) To make someone into a hero. (transitive) To treat someone as if they were a hero.
What is the noun of hero?
/ˈhɪərəʊ/ /ˈhɪrəʊ/ (plural heroes ) a person who is admired by many people for doing something brave or good. a war hero (= somebody who was very brave during a war)